Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The New Year is Nearly Upon Us!!!

Hello everyone,

   Tomorrow is the first day of 2014!! Are you excited?! I know I am. I'm not really one of those people who has "New Year's Resolutions", but I do have a few goals for the new year.

   In April I will be auditioning for the university level (pre-professional) at my ballet academy. I would very much like to make it into that, so I've already started focusing on staying super fit and really working on my technique. I have a key to my old ballet studio, and I'm allowed to use it whenever I like, so I have taken full advantage of that and I've been going there every day to work out, stretch, and refine my technique before going back to ballet (I've been on break for a couple weeks. I start back up on Monday.).

   Another thing I'd like to do this next year is go to a couple really great summer intensives. Since I live in Europe, it shouldn't be too difficult to find some good ones. All of my applications are due in January and February, so I'm starting to get a little nervous. Last year I went to a small summer intensive about an hour away from where I live, which I think helped with my performing abilities (we did a small performance in a lovely theater at the end of the intensive), but I'd like to go to some summer intensives that really push me and help me grow more as a dancer.

   And of course, seeing as I'm already sixteen, I'd really like my technique, artistry, musicality, and performing skills to all vastly improve in 2014. I've worked really hard so far, but I feel like I could do even more, push myself further, and really start preparing to become a professional.

   I hope you all have a splendid New Year's Eve and New Year's Day!!!


~ Emma Grace






No comments:

Post a Comment