Wednesday, December 25, 2013

An Update and a Bit of a Change

Hello all,

   I've decided that I am going to make my blog a bit more about me, rather than continuing to make nearly all of my posts about other ballerinas. So from now on, you will see more posts on my travels, updates on ballet, possibly links to my youtube videos, and random ballet pictures.

   Since I feel like I'm pretty much starting over, I'd like to make this post about introducing myself and telling you all what I've been up to.

   Obviously, my name is Emma :) I am sixteen years old, and I'm an aspiring ballet dancer. I've been dancing for about four years. I do ballet six to seven days each week ( five days at the academy I currently train at, and one or two days at my old ballet studio that I attend for extra practice ). I live in Germany ( I've lived here for a little over three years ) so I attend a German ballet academy.  During my breaks at my ballet academy I teach ballet at my old studio and choreograph dances for their performances twice a year. I am also quite privileged to be able to perform with my old studio because I don't get many performance opportunities at my current academy ( because they like to focus on teaching us excellent technique rather than spending time teaching us dances for a performance ). The most recent performance that I danced in was The Nutcracker. I was given the role of Sugar Plum Fairy, and I really enjoyed being able to dance that part! In past performances I have been Aurora in Sleeping Beauty, Clara in The Nutcracker, the Snow Queen ( also in The Nutcracker ), and many other smaller roles. I suppose that is just about everything you need to know about me! If you have any questions, you can comment on this post, and I will try to respond pretty quickly.


~ Emma Grace


P.s. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment