Friday, May 18, 2012

What's In My Ballet Bag

Here are most of the things that I currently keep in my ballet bag.
 


I usually keep two pairs of pointe shoes in my bag, one pair that I wear for class and one pair to either save for a performance or to use as a back-up pair in case something happens to my first pair. Right now I use Principal pointe shoes. I like them alot, but unfortunately they don't last me as long as I would like them to, so I am searching for a pair that will work better for me.




These are the ballet slippers that I am using now. The top left ones are Grishko Women's Canvas "Performance Series" Split-Sole Ballet Slipper, the middle ones are So Danca Professional Leather Ballet Shoe, and the top right ones are Wear Moi Leather Ballet Shoes. My oldest pair are the middle ones. I then wanted to try the Wear Moi ones, so I got those. A little over a week ago I ordered the Grishko ones, and they are by far my favorite ballet slippers ever!








My hair bag contains: bobby pins, hair pins, ponytail holders, and mini ponytail holders. I also keep a small spray bottle in my hair bag most of the time.










I also keep two pairs of toe pads in my bag. I originally used the bright pink ones, but then I found out about ouch pouches, tried them out, and haven't gone back since. They're great!












Some other thing that I keep in my bag are hand sanitizer, a couple notepads, a pen, a cd, and a list of rehearsals.



A couple oddities that I always have in my ballet bag are my foot wipes and my squishy block (haha, I have no idea what it is actually called). Unfortunately when you dance, your feet sweat. In my case they sweat alot, so my foot wipes come in handy, especially after a long day of rehearsals. I have no idea what the squishy block is supposed to be used for, or what I use it for, but I have always kept it in my bag.

My wallet, ID, and a list of important phone numbers are things that are constantly with me.







This is what I keep in my make-up bag. I usually have a couple of band-aids, a lip balm or two, a compact mirror, eye make-up removers, and mini nail filers.









And lastly, my dance bags of choice, an Under Armour duffel bag and an Out Of Print bag. I usually just choose whichever suits my need on that day.






p.s. I would give links to most of the things above, but for some reason my computer is not cooperating. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just got the Grishko Performance flats too and so far I love them! Just wondering, have you found a pair of tights that match them? All the tights I've tried so far are a bit too dark. :( Hope you can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I use Capezio transition tights in "Ballet pink". They are not a perfect match, but I think they look pretty close (and I really like how they feel)! Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete